Sunday, August 4, 2013

Jo-Ann Haul: August 2nd

Just like I promised here is my Jo-Ann haul from today. I was promised that I was going yesterday with my mom, but we ended up being at the mall too late and she wanted to skip the fabric. Turns out the dress forms were only $99 yesterday. Just my luck. I've been looking to buy a dress form since I borrowed one from Stoneham Theatre when I was making my prom dress, but they're so expensive for a high school kid whose parents think this sewing thing is pretty much still a phase.
Also the super cool girl that works at my Jo-Ann was there and she's so cool agh.

Anyways, my haul:
Fabric:
A: A remnant with a really cool coral pattern of soft tealy blue and white- $2.50 for .5 yards
B: Remnant of blue and teal ombre chevron- $0.84 for .278 yards
C: Remnant of a ice blue and silver brocade- $10 for .667 yards
D: Remnant of red bircham floral (if you search bircham fabric on google it's literally the first image result)- $1.75 for .583 yards
E: 3.25 yards of Moroccan-y, African-y, Middle Eastern-y fabric. I got 2.625 yards for $23.63 and the remnant of .625 for $2.82
I also picked up Fray Check, 4 yards of 36" muslin, .875 yards of interfacing, a black zipper and of course my mother needed chocolate.

The cool Moroccan-y fabric is for a dress I'm making for myself for my cousin's wedding from this pattern (option C). I was looking for a floral but I thought this one was much more exciting. I'm not sure what the dress code is for the wedding but I'm just guessing its fairly nice.

Also I decided to make the leap and join the BMV Club from The McCall Pattern Company and I have already ordered patterns for blouses with bow ties, this fantastic vintage-y dress that I'm in love with, and THIS CAPE that Erica and Heather totally inspired me to purchase. I'm hoping to make one in an oxblood color with a black satin lining in Heather's style. 

I'm going to start cutting up the cool fabric for my dress while watching netflix upon netflix.
Wish me luck

Nail color:
Same Newlyweds but my sister smashed a bottle of Essie's No Place Like Chrome the other day so half of my nails are covered in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment